Black Beauty is a very fitting name for this wonderful tea! If you are a fan of Keemun style black teas, you will want to try this one. Most of our customers and myself, now prefer this over the Keemun black. It is wonderfully sweet, almost chocolatey and little to no astringency present! The tea liquor is clear and longer steepings will give it a slightly red hue.
Basic Brewing Instructions:
- Black tea should be given a 10 second rinse with the same temperature water as used for brewing.
- 208˚ F water temperature. (Just below boiling.)
- Use 1 Tbsp. per 8oz. depending on the strength desired.
- Recommended first steeping of 1minute. Add 1 minute for each subsequent steeping up to 5 minutes.
- Alternately, try one long steeping of 3-5 minutes.
- Tea brewing is meant to be a joyful exploration. There are no hard and fast rules. Experiment with the quantity of tea that you use, and steeping times. Enjoy discovering what your preferences are.