Black tea lovers, rejoice! This 2018 spring-picked, expertly processed black tea is sure to please! A great morning tea with a strong body and light sweetness. Amazing flavor regardless of the strength of your brew. The perfect base for any chai recipe. Many customers enjoy this with milk and sugar. Up to you!
Black tea is produced by fully oxidizing a tea leaf once it has been picked. It is a heartier tea and should be steeped with higher temperature water. You will likely enjoy doing only a few longer steepings, but black tea can be prepared Gong Fu style.
Basic Brewing Instructions:
- Black tea should be given a 10-15 second rinse with the same temperature water as used for brewing.
- 208˚ F water temperature. (Just below boiling.)
- Use 1 teaspoon per 8oz. of filtered water
- Recommended first steeping of 1minute. Add 1 minute for each subsequent steeping up to 5 minutes.
- Alternately, try one long steeping of 3-5 minutes.
- Tea brewing is meant to be a joyful exploration. There are no hard and fast rules. Experiment with the quantity of tea that you use, and steeping times. Enjoy discovering what your preferences are. They may change day to day.