Flowering Black Tea Cones
High grade Yunnan spring leaves are hand-sewn into these lovely little bundles of black tea joy! Watch the cones open up and impart their glorious flavor unto the water. The tea liquor is malty in flavor with a sweet aftertaste. Black tea is produced by fully oxidizing a tea leaf once it has been picked. You will likely enjoy doing only a few longer steepings, but black tea can be prepared Gong Fu style as well.
Drop a couple of these beauties into a cup with some hot water and sip away. Super convenient loose leaf tea drinking with no need for a bag or strainer. Ideal travel companion!
Basic Brewing Instructions:
- Tea cones may be given a 5-10 second rinse with the same temperature water as used for brewing. This warms the brewing vessel and primes the leaf, ensuring a more satisfying first infusion.
- 208˚ F water temperature. (Just below boiling.)
- Use 2-3 cones per 8oz. depending on the strength desired. * Recommended first steeping of 1minute. Add 1 minute for each subsequent steeping up to 5 minutes.
- Alternately, try one long steeping of 3-5 minutes.
- Tea brewing is meant to be a joyful exploration. There are no hard and fast rules. Experiment with the quantity of tea that you use, and steeping times. Enjoy discovering what your preferences are. They may change day to day.