High grade Yunnan spring tea buds briefly fermented and carefully controlled to create a radiantly golden looking black tea! Leaves are shiny and still contain the downy hairs of spring. The aroma is sweet, carmel-like. Truly wonderful. Flavor is mild, smooth, and delicate. A stronger cup can be brewed with longer infusions or more leaf.
Basic Brewing Instructions:
- Black tea should be given a 10 second rinse with the same temperature water as used for brewing.
- 208˚ F water temperature. (Just below boiling.)
- Use 1-2 tsps. per 8oz. depending on the strength desired.
- Recommended first steeping of 1minute. Add 1 minute for each subsequent steeping up to 5 minutes.
- Alternately, try one long steeping of 3-5 minutes.
- Tea brewing is meant to be a joyful exploration. There are no hard and fast rules. Experiment with the quantity of tea that you use, and steeping times. Enjoy discovering what your preferences are. They may change day to day.