Keemun Mao Feng
Chee-men Mao-fung is how to pronounce the name of this lovely tea. Impress your tea guests with that little tidbit and you're in command of your table. This full-leaf tea, carefully processed, yields a naturally sweet and delicate taste, reminiscent of fine Keemun style black teas.
We originally sourced this tea for a local coffeehouse. Customers enjoy it so much there that we decided to bring it into our online mix. We wish you great and lasting joy along with many cups of delicious tea!
Basic Brewing Instructions:
- Black tea benefits from a 10-15 second rinse with the same temperature water as used for brewing. This primes the leaf and warms the pot, helping to keep the water hot enough to coax the flavor out in your first steep.
- 208˚ F water temperature. (Just below boiling.)
- Use 1 teaspoon per 8oz. of filtered water
- Recommended first steeping of 1minute. Add 1 minute for each subsequent steeping up to 5 minutes.
- Alternately, try one long steeping of 3-5 minutes.
- Tea brewing is meant to be a joyful exploration. There are no hard and fast rules. Experiment with the quantity of tea that you use, and steeping times. Enjoy discovering what your preferences are. They may change day to day.