Shui Jin Gui 2018 Oolong
Shui Jin Gui or "Golden Water Turtle" is a varietal named after the hunched over shape of the bush it comes from. It is a rich and savory tea and one of the top four roasted oolongs in China.
It sports a hint of dark chocolate and slight maltiness in flavor. Complexity abounds as other flavors that bounce around the palate include caramel, spice, root vegetable. Get the aroma cups out for this one as the scent it leaves behind is rich and thick. This tea leaves the drinker feeling like a million bucks, the energy is clean and even.
Basic Brewing Instructions:
- Oolong tea should be given a 5-10 second rinse with the same temperature water as used for brewing.
- 195˚ F water temperature. Water temp may be increased in later infusions.
- Use 1 Tablespoon per 8oz. of filtered water
- Recommended first steeping of 30 seconds. Add 15-30 seconds for each subsequent infusion up to 3 minutes.
- Tea brewing is meant to be a joyful exploration. There are no hard and fast rules. Experiment with the quantity of tea that you use, and steeping times. Enjoy discovering what your preferences are. They may change day to day.