This is a large leaf varietal picked in early spring. Covered with white downy hairs, the bud and leaf is slightly wilted and gently dried with warm air. This pleasing white tea differs from other whites because the processing creates the conditions for a tea that ages like a fine wine, with the passing years slowly turning it to a black tea. A light, sweet, full bodied flavor with a smooth and easy palette. Honey notes abound in both aroma and flavor!
Choose from 2017 or 2018 crop in drop down menu!
White Night can be steeped 7-8 times. Learn more about white tea here.
Basic Brewing Instructions:
- Loose, white tea may be given a 10 to 20-second rinse with the same temperature water as used for brewing.
- 175˚-185˚ F water temperature.
- Use 1 Tbsp. (3-4g) per 8oz. of filtered water.
- Recommended first steeping of 3 to 5 minutes. Add 30 seconds for each subsequent infusion until flavor recedes or you become waterlogged.
- Tea brewing is meant to be a joyful exploration. There are no hard and fast rules. Experiment with the quantity of tea that you use, and steeping times. Enjoy discovering what your preferences are. They may change day to day.