Spring 2018 vintage!
White Peony is made from very small buds and leaves that are plucked in early spring. The leaves are multi-colored, like autumn foliage, and have a bold taste with hints of oak, nut and vanilla. An apricot colored brew with delicate lingering fragrance and a fresh mellow sweet taste without astringency or grassy flavor.
Select the Fujian Bai Mudan in the drop down menu for a very nice higher-end version of White Peony. It is a phenomenal white tea.
Learn more about white tea here.
Our White Peony is a premium grade tea from the Yunnan Province. Its leaves are furry and white, indicative of a high quality, fresh early spring tea.
Basic Brewing Instructions:
- Loose, white tea should be given a 10 second rinse with the same temperature water as used for brewing.
- 160˚-175˚ F water temperature.
- Use 1 heaping Tbsp. per 8oz. of filtered water
- Recommended first steeping of 1-3 minutes. Add 1-2 minutes for each subsequent infusion up to 10 minutes.
- Tea brewing is meant to be a joyful exploration. There are no hard and fast rules. Experiment with the quantity of tea that you use, and steeping times. Enjoy discovering what your preferences are. They may change day to day.