Yellow Buds - Huo Shan Huang Ya
Yellow tea is a rare variant on green tea, in which the yellowing process mellows out the grassiness and/or bitterness that is sometimes present in green tea. Light green tea flavor with a hint of chestnut.
Our Yellow Buds were picked Spring 2018 (2017 available in drop down menu) in the Anhui Province which receives pure air and water that feeds these tea bushes. The quality and purity can be experienced in each steeping of this fine tea.
Read more about yellow tea here.
Basic Brewing Instructions:
- Loose, yellow tea may be given a 10 second rinse with the same temperature water as used for brewing.
- 160˚-175˚ F water temperature.
- Use 1 Tbsp. per 8oz. of filtered water.
- Recommended first steeping of 30 seconds -1minute. Add 30 seconds for each subsequent infusion up to 3 minutes or longer to taste.
- Tea brewing is meant to be a joyful exploration. There are no hard and fast rules. Experiment with the quantity of tea that you use, and steeping times. Enjoy discovering what your preferences are. They may change day to day.