Take some of the finest black tea you can imagine and then hand-roll and dry it into tight little balls of deliciousness and you’ve got these amazingly delightful Black Tea Pearls from Mandala Tea.
These sweet, malty pearls are quite convenient. Take them anywhere you go. Pop one or two into a cup or pot of hot water, no strainer needed. Because the tea is tied, the leaves stay together as they unfurl and give of their essence, sinking straightaway to the bottom of your vessel. You may pour off or sip directly.
We’ve auditioned several similar products over the years but have never been moved enough by any of them to want to carry them in our shop. Now we are proud to offer these very high quality bundles of hong cha joy and share them with our customers.
This tea was processed by the very same folks who make our Pure Bud black tea, one of our favorites and hottest selling black teas. This is expertly crafted, folks, and we hope you will enjoy it as much as we are. A must-try black tea!
Basic Brewing Instructions:
- Black tea should be given a 10-15 second rinse with the same temperature water as used for brewing.
- 208˚ F water temperature. (Just below boiling.)
- Use 1 teaspoon per 8oz. of filtered water
- Try 1, 2, and 4 minute infusions.
- Alternately, try one long steeping of 3-5 minutes.
- Tea brewing is meant to be a joyful exploration. There are no hard and fast rules. Experiment with the quantity of tea that you use, and steeping times. Enjoy discovering what your preferences are. They may change day to day. See our Brewing Guide within the Information section of this website for more details on brewing tea.